[driverloader] hsf driver modules dissapears on reboot

klbogotz at berchules.com klbogotz at berchules.com
Wed Jun 14 15:56:41 EDT 2006

Hello,
I got a license for hfsmodem (7.43.00.01full_k2.6.12_10_386_ubuntu) and installed without any problem (dpkg --install hsfmodem_7.43.00.01full_k2.6.12_10_386_ubuntu_i386.deb)
The modem works as supposed.
When I reboot I get some error messages that hsf module cannot be installed because the directory / file (don't find the messages in /var/log/messages) does not exist and it does not work.
When I do the same procedure of installation as the first time, it installs with the former values presetted (without e-mail and key) and then works until the next reboot.
During installation I get the following messages:
-----------------------------------
Please enter license key [FREE]: xxxxxxxx

Setting license for modem unit 0: "klbogotz at berchules.com/xxxxxxxx"

Note: kernel module snd-via82xx-modem overridden by hsfmc97via
Note: kernel module snd-intel8x0m overridden by hsfmc97ich hsfmc97sis
Note: kernel module snd-atiixp-modem overridden by hsfmc97ati

Current parameters: ("hsfconfig --info")

Config for modem unit 0: /dev/ttySHSF0
        Device instance: 0-PCI-14f1:2f00-14f1:2004
        HW revision    : Basic2 2.18 Standard DAA 3VoltsIA
        HW profile name: hsfpcibasic2hsfi
        Registration ID: yyyyyyyy
        License owner  : klbogotz at berchules.com
        License key    : xxxxxxxx
        License status : OK
        Current region : SPAIN (T.35 code: 00A0)

The /dev/modem alias (symlink) points to ttySHSF0