[driverloader] 3Com 3CRWE254G72 & Ubuntu Edgy - Dies

Tobin Jones tobin at ibgone.com
Thu Oct 26 18:33:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a 3Com 3CRWE254G72 USB Wireless adapter, which I am trying to install
under Ubuntu Edgy (2.6.17-10-386 kernel). I had a small hitch installing
driverloader, but then installed from source, and everything worked well.
Problems occur, however, under very high traffic situations (dowloading at
450kbps+, with several threads, for example). Under these conditions the
adapter will completely cut out, driverloader will show the device as 'not
connected' in the web control panel, and unplugging and plugging the device
back in doesn't help. I see a reference to a known issue about kernel stack
sizes - could this be my problem? (I would need a little guidance if I had
to patch/compile a kernel for myself). I don't know what debugging
information will be useful, so please just ask if anything would be helpful.

Thanks very much for your help.

Kind Regards,
Tobin