[driverloader] Ubuntu 6.10 and Driverloader

Chris Drake cgdrake at infodrake.com
Sat Oct 28 13:29:13 EDT 2006

Guys,

Just an FYI, I upgraded to Ubuntu 6.10 on my Acer Ferrari 4005 last
night. Initially DriverLoader was fubar'd and I tried messing with the
native bcm43xx driver as well as ndiswrapper.

After giving up and going back to driverloader I managed to make it work
by uninstalling, re-installing and then adding the latest patches (all
three) using 'dldrconfig --patch'.  I also had to boot with the irqpoll
kernel option although that could be specific to my Acer laptop.

Works like a charm no with WPA2.

Chris