[driverloader] Broadcom 4311 and Xandros OS

Rene Borchers rmborchers at orange.nl
Mon Mar 26 08:20:09 EDT 2007

"Luis A. Morana" <luismorana at earthlink.net> writes:

> Hello,
> I have a Compaq Presario C500 Laptop running Xandros 4.0. Works great but cannot get my wireless Broadcom 4311 to work. I have been told that the problem is a bug in the native Broadcom driver; while the card receive power the antenna does not.
> I configured the wireless card using the standard procedures in Xandros and also tried the NDIS Wrappers with the Windows .inf drivers but it does not work. Browsed the Internet and tried a few solutions published in different forums.
> Contacted Broadcom and they do not support end customers like me and suggested to take a look at your site.
> I am new to Linux and I am not sure if I can find the right solution in Linuxant.
> Would you kindly guide me a little bit with some suggestions on where to star finding a solution?
> Thank you for your time and consideration.
> Luis.

Hello Luis,

I have been using the driverloader for a few years now with a Belkin
wireless card which is also using the broadcom chipset.

When you follow the install instructions, you should be up and running
in no time.

Rene.
Registered Linux User No.291649 http://www.linux-counter.org
Registered LFS user No.16792 http://www.lfs.org
Uptime: 08:49:19 up 6 days, 14:07, 6 users, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.01
Kernel: Linux 2.6.18.6.tex1 GNU/Linux
Processor: model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz
web: http://rene-borchers.homelinux.com