[driverloader] Slackware 12 problem with WEP and driverloader

Marty Huntzberry linuxhippy at verizon.net
Mon Sep 3 20:06:00 EDT 2007

they aren't that old!

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 18:42:19 -0400
Marty Huntzberry <linuxhippy at verizon.net> wrote:

I've been using driverloader for over a year with almost no problems in Slackware till now.  Slackware updated to Slackware 12 a couple months ago.
Since then I can only use driverloader 2.38 to connect to my wireless router when WEP is not used (WPA is not available on this).

lspci shows this about my wireless Belkin G PCI card:

Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

I am running kernel 2.6.22.1 that I built myself and works fine with driverloader 2.38 in Slackware 11 in an old pentium tower that I use as a
tower. My pc doesn't run an X session.  Anyone know how I can get my 128 bit WEP working?

Marty