[driverloader] HSF driver install problems

Rentner_Hans Rentner_Hans at gmx.net
Mon Nov 3 10:28:53 EST 2008

Hello,
Some days ago I have purchased an internal modem card (Devolo mocrolink
56k PCI; PCI ID: 14F1:2014 ), and I was trying to install a proper
driver for Opensuse linux 11.0 with a kernel 2.6.25.18.
I found  in  http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/downloads-license.php
your tool cnxtinstall.run.
<https://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/archive/cnxtinstall.run>
Also I found some files separately in
https://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/downloads.php.
And I tried to install the drivers with your automatic tool and with the
rpm-tool.
But everytime I got  messages like
snip-------
warning: hsfmodem-7.68.00.14full-1.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature:
NOKEY, key ID 5dfbf7dc
Conexant HSF softmodem driver, version 7.68.00.14full

If you need license keys, assistance or more information, please go to:
    http://www.linuxant.com/

When reporting a problem for the first time, please send
us the file generated by "hsfconfig --dumpdiag".

No pre-built modules for: SuSE-11.0 linux-2.6.25.18-0.2-rt i686-SMP

Trying to automatically build the driver modules...
(this requires a C compiler and proper kernel sources to be installed)

WARNING: the kernel version () defined in
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h
does not match the currently running kernel (2.6.25.18-0.2-rt)
The cause of this problem is an incorrect kernel source path.
Please check that /usr/src/linux points to the right tree.
The cause of this is usually a missing or unconfigured
kernel source tree (and sometimes an incorrect directory or symbolic link).

However, proper /boot/config-2.6.25.18-0.2-rt was found.

Unable to prepare temporary kernel tree

First, ensure that the proper kernel source and compiler packages
from your distribution vendor and/or the community are installed.

The Linux kernel can then be reconfigured by running "make menuconfig"
under the kernel source directory (usually /usr/src/linux).

Verify that the proper options for your system are selected.

Then compile and install your new kernel (for more information about
this procedure, see the README file under the kernel source directory),
reboot the system using the new kernel, and re-run "hsfconfig".
error: %post(hsfmodem-7.68.00.14full-1.i386) scriptlet failed, exit
status 124

In one webpage I found a remark, that "version.h" is never used in newer
kernel releases.
Now I don't know how to go on.
Have you any hint for me? (meanwhile I have tried it with another Suse
kernel 2.6.25.5, but w/o success)
Please help me!

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards