[hcflinux] Re: three oops with hcfserial

Johnny Luong jrl at cats.ucsc.edu
Sun Apr 7 19:41:16 EDT 2002

Alright... I've hardwired that function to return -1
and not do anything else (the other stuff is commented out)

As a result, I was able to compile/run/get online with the
modem.  There are CRC errors occassionaly, and eventually,
I lose the connection.

Various printk() statements reveal to me that it goes through
your code successfully one time (rename returns a non-zero value),
and then when it goes through that code a second time, it
oops on the rename.  It locks up sometime as a result, but not
always...

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Marc Boucher wrote:

> it seems that the rename() operation in modules/osspec/osnvm.c:OsRenameFile()
> does not bode well with xfs.. Perhaps you can investigate further (I don't
> have access to any xfs systems)
>
> btw you sent your message to the wrong mailing list (hsflinux instead of
> hcflinux)
>
> Marc
>
> On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 04:12:37PM -0700, Johnny Luong wrote:
> > Typed this:
> > modprobe hcfserial
> >
> > Problem:
> > Got three oops associated with it; I've attached my kernel
> > configuration as well as what ksymoops reports.
> >
> > A cat /proc/modules reveals that hcfserial is in "(initalizing)" state.
> > The other two modules load fine upon subsequent reboot and manually
> > force loading.
> >
> > Environment:
> > 	Redhat 7.2 with the gcc updates.
> > 	Stock linux kernel 2.4.18 + xfs + mingo-smp-timer patch
> >
> > The hcfconfig script does recognize the modem, at least according
> > to its output.
> >

> > Johnny Luong
> > jrl at cats.ucsc.edu

Johnny Luong