[hcflinux] Installation problem (hcfconfig)

mail_sack mail_sack at chadbournes.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 03:02:20 EDT 2002

I've tried to installing the driver using Method B (source RPM package). I've generated and installed the binary RPM (apparently) successfully. But when I run "hcfconfig" it fails and produces the following in the log file:

rm -f *.o *.a
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/lib/hcf/modules/osspec'
rm -f *.o *.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/hcf/modules/osspec'
* Compiling mod_osspec.c
In file included from mod_osspec.c:1:
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error Modules should never use kernel-headers system headers,
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error but headers from an appropriate kernel-source
make: *** [mod_osspec.o] Error 1

Can anyone help? My kernel version is 2.4.3-20mdk and glibc is 2.2.2-4mdk.

Many thanks,

Alex