[hcflinux] is this the correct driver for me?

Thilo A. Coblenzer Linux at Coblenzer.de
Fri Apr 12 11:08:44 EDT 2002

Hi,
I've read somewhere in the net, that the modem in my Compaq Presario 17XL470
Notebook should work with your driver. But I' m not shure about this.
Windows tells me, that I have a Compaq Global 56K V90 HCF MiniPCI Modem. I
tested the listmodem.sh-skript und got this:

= RESULT OF MODEM QUERY =

No Conexant Modem found on this system.

I installed your rpm for SuSE-linux 7.3. wvdial tells me this:
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.42
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending: ATZ
--> Sending: ATQ0
--> Re-Sending: ATZ
--> Modem not responding.

Did I something wrong, or is it really the wrong driver. Probably it is he
wrong driver, but I just wanted to be sure.
I read here
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~gregorrg/compaq/presario17xl470.html that the
modem could work woth my notebook.

Thank you for helping me!