[hcflinux] Needs hcfconfig running each session.

Steven King stevenking66 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 14 18:23:17 EDT 2002

Hi

I find that when I first boot my PC the modem normally doesn't complete its
handshaking properly. It dials OK and bleeps and whirrs but to no effect. I
can hear that the beeps and whirrs are not the normal ones, though they start
similarly. If I run hcfconfig again then it works OK, but this means signing
on as su first - no good for the children! It is OK then until at least the
next time I reboot.

If I do hcfconfig -i I get the following:

Linux HCF controllerless modem drivers, version 0.9mbsibeta02041300

<snip>

Current HCF configuration:

        Country name: "UK", T.35 code: 00B4
        PCI Modem vendor-id: 14F1, device-id: 1033
        PCI Modem subvendor-id: 13E0, subdevice-id: 02C0
        Driver inf filename: /etc/hcf/inf/genHCF.inf

Thanks for any advice/help.

Steve