[hcflinux] Installed and MIGHT be working ???

Justin Young fuzzrules22 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 16 20:49:38 EDT 2002

Hello All,

Firsty, i must say that I am so glad ppl have worked on this driver, there
has been a need for it for so long.

I ran the hcfconfig program and it told me that a driver already exists that
I can use. So I said ok for now (I have Mandrake 8.2). And it did all it
wanted, and now /dev/modem is linked to something like ttyHCF0.

I ran a dial-program, and it couldn't find the modem. Yet using a terminal
emulation program, i could send it AT commands, and have it dial.

Strangely though, if i use the standard mandrake dial-up program, it doesn't
work, but all of a sudden like 10 minutes later it will start to dial in and
handshake with my ISP. Strange.

I tried to install this beta driver over the top of the existing one, but
because i for some reason can't install my kernel-source from the cd, it
wouldn't let me.

can you all help me? like, what are my options, or how can i configure a
working ppp connection. Thanks
- Justin