[hcflinux] Re: hcf won't work on kernel upgrade

Marc Boucher marc at mbsi.ca
Sat Apr 20 22:23:03 EDT 2002

It looks like you have installed the wrong version of the
kernel upgrade package from RedHat. Instead of kernel-2.4.9-31.i386.rpm
you should have gotten kernel-2.4.9-31.i586.rpm or kernel-2.4.9-31.i686.rpm.
Try upgrading to the latter with "rpm -U --force kernel-2.4.9-31.i686.rpm"

Including binaries for the i386 kernels would almost double the size of our
hsflinux redhat package, so we only provide pre-built versions for i586/i686.

Marc

You have installed the wrong version of the kernel upgrade package.

Instead of the i386 version you