[hcflinux] Spiritful

Marc Boucher marc at mbsi.ca
Sat Apr 20 22:52:25 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 10:20:20PM +0200, Sebastian Sobowiec wrote:
> Tell me when, not why, will Zoltrix "Spirit" under Linux fly.
> huh
> 127A Vendor problem in this case. So do something about this, please.
> What is so strange about that chipset, that it is hard to be supported?

The old 127A HCF chips (except those on riptide cards) need a bunch of
special workarounds as well as different code for the data pump.

Historically, the windows driver started off supporting them, but
our linux driver has a completely different (newer) architecture
that focuses on the more recent chips. Implementing support for the old
chips in the new driver would require a lot of time and effort, an investment
which is hard to justify for obsolete products.

Marc