[hcflinux] Yet another NO DIALTONE Problem

Phil Mitchell phil at phil-mitchell.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Apr 21 13:16:34 EDT 2002

I have tried the advice in the FAQ but it does not help.

In detail:

1)	During module loading the following message is enter into the system
log. (I have traced this to HCFENGINE but because I don't have access to
the source, I can't determine the actual condition that generates this):

	"m.n DM: CWCID is disconnected or no configuration found" where m & n are
variable numbers (may be a resource id)

2)	MINICOM can successfully send commands to the modem and get the expected
response. The exception to this is AT+PCW which returns "ERROR".

3)	ATDT**** elicits a "NO DIALTONE" response after about 7 secs.

4)	After ATX3, ATDT*** seizes the line and dials. Although the line is
off-hook, there is no response ring tones, modem tones, etc. (I have
determined this by picking up the phone, absolute silence). This eventually
times out and the modem returns a "NO CARRIER" message.

5)	Loopback testing (AT&T1) connects at 30667.

Please note the modem works perfectly under windows, connecting above 40K.

hcfconfig -i returns:
Linux HCF controllerless modem drivers, version 0.9mbsibeta02041300
Current HCF configuration:
	Country name: "UK", T.35 code: 00B4
	PCI Modem vendor-id: 14F1, device-id: 1033
	PCI Modem subvendor-id: 1092, subdevice-id: 0AC8
	Driver inf filename: /etc/hcf/inf/genHCF.inf