[hcflinux] Linux Crashes When i Query The Modem HCF 14F1 1036

Mike Schroeder pyr0t at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 10:51:28 EDT 2002

    I have a HCF winmodem vendor id 14F1 Device id 1036 from Gateway, running kernel 2.4.18 in Linux mandrake 8.2. I installed the drivers through the mandrake rpm, everything seemed to work fine until I tried "Query Modem" in kppp, Linux totally crashed.

Is my modem incompatible with the drivers?
should I compile the driver from source since I have a "regular" kernel instead of the special mandrake kernel?