[hcflinux] great results so far...

Franki frankieh at vianet.net.au
Fri Apr 26 08:41:03 EDT 2002

umm yeah, I have iptables firewall and the only thing open is port 80, which
is forwarded to an internal IP.. all others are dropped.

also have portsentry running in case anything finds a hole, and there are
very few servers running and those that are are enabled only for internal IP
address's, (and the firewall won't allow internal IP's to come in through
the external interface.. so they can't be spoofed either..) I think its
pretty safe :-) nothings perfect, but I think this would be pretty tough to
get into..

Incidently, its still connected.. its been over nine hours now since I
connnected, and its still connected.. not one disconect.. if this keeps up..
I will be one very happy puppy.. and its a fast connection.. I am
downloading at 6k/sec.. not bad for a dialup.. (fast for a dialup I should
qualify..)

I don't know what Marc did, but he wins the trophy as far as I'm concerned.
:-)

regards

Frank