[hcflinux] Modem not responding after a program crash

Franki frankieh at vianet.net.au
Sat Apr 27 16:33:47 EDT 2002

I had a wierd problem with wvdial, where I could not access the modem until
I restared X, (if it was running.)

thats a pain, but much easier then restarting the OS altogether..

I figured it had something to do with either wvdial X or devfs

try just restarting X and see what that does.. it only used to happen to me
if I killed wvdial while it was trying to dial..
and that was with a 56k serial external.

rgds

Frank