[hcflinux] Still no /dev/ttyHCFO

David Tabernero d_tabernero at wanadoo.es
Sat Apr 27 16:00:57 EDT 2002

    First: Sorry for my english. I don't use for a long time :)

    I have Mandrake 8.1 and HCF modem.

    I had the same problem. And I fixed this using a stupid method... only
write "/dev/ttyHCF0" in konkeror (or in a shell), then list the directory
"/dev" and... magic, the file is there!!!.
    If this method dont work, try this: "a_file.txt > /dev/ttyHCF0"...

    I don't know why it work, and the dev appear. But i hope this work with
you.