[hcflinux] No Carrier signal woes

David Paterson d.paterson at surfanytime.co.uk
Fri May 3 01:03:26 EDT 2002

I've got to the stage where the modem is recognised by my linux, have disabled dial tone detection, and it dials the required number, but all that happens is the 'no carrier' signal gets sent back to me :/  As far as i know, everything is set up correctly, such as country etc. i've read through the archive, but havent found anything that has helped with this problem, so i am assuming that my particular modem is not supported yet.

Anyways, just incase anyone out there has had more luck with this than me, here is my modem info :-

PCI CONFIGURATION INFORMATION READ:
     VENDOR ID            : 14F1
     DEVICE ID              : 1033
     SUBVENDOR ID     : 1092
     SUBDEVICE ID       : 0AC8
     REVISION ID           : 08

  DEDUCED INFORMATION:
     VENDOR NAME            : CONEXANT
     DEVICE NAME            : HCF P85 DATA/FAX
     SUBVENDOR NAME         : SONIC BLUE
     MODEM TYPE             : HCF
     WINXP INBUILD SUPPORT  : YES

I'm also running SuSE 7.3

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

---
This mail was checked for Virii before it was sent. 117 different Virii were found!
(Just kidding, it's virus free! ;) )