[hcflinux] Conexant HCF V90 RTAD Modem, RedHat

Liz Hare eh51 at cornell.edu
Thu May 2 20:45:54 EDT 2002

Hello,

I have

Conexant HCF V90 RTAD Speakerphone PCI modem.

RedHat Linux 7.2

I installed and ran HCF config successfully.

When I tried to run wvdialconf, it could not find the modem, and it
suggested to use setserial.

When I looked at the setting for /dev/modem in setserial, i found that the
uart setting was undefined.  According to the setserial man page, this
means that the port is inactive.  So I tried resetting the uart settings,
but none of the ones I tried (the last four or five on the list of
possibilities) seemed to work.

Any ideas?  Thanks!!

Liz

Liz Hare, Ph.D.