[hcflinux] How to get the HCF 14f1:1053 modem to answer phone with 0.92 RPM installed on Red Hat

Ian O'Gorman Ian at OGorman.CH
Mon May 6 00:33:36 EDT 2002

I have the following Conexant modem installed

$ lspci -n
00:0b.0 Class 0780: 14f1;1053 (rev 08)

on Red Hat Linux
$ uname -r
2.4.2-2

using Marc's latest HCF driver package 0.92

I can make calls outgoing, but can get neither the modem to answer the
phone

(cu -l /dev/modem
ATS0=1

call from another line ... nothing happens)

nor MGETTY to answer.

I've tried with various AT commands to control the verbosity of the
messages delivered to the DTE, but don't see the RING indication.

Does anyone know how to configure this puppy to answer the phone?

Thanks if you can help

- Ian O'Gorman