[hcflinux] Support for Diamond SupraExpress 56i V Pro modem (127A:1002)

Peter Salisbury Peter at baddesleychurch.org
Wed May 8 12:24:47 EDT 2002

I am in England trying to escape from the clutches of W*ndows - please help!

I have a fairly recent modem from Diamond MultiMedia (SupraExpress 56i V
Pro) with PCI ID 127A:1002 (SUBSYS_0A001092&REV_01)
I tried your drivers which correctly identified the card and told me it is
not supported. I tried various things, such as giving the subvendor IDs
instead but of course that didn't work. I finally had a look on the mailing
list and found your reply that it isn't supported but there may be some hope
in the near future.

I just wanted to say: ME TOO PLEASE! and also that I'd be very happy to join
the effort either in developing or testing.

Linux seems very much to require an internet connection (eg configuring
printer) so I'm stuck till I get connected!

Thank you for all your hard work,

Peter Salisbury

PS when I lied about the device ID's to get hcfconfig to do something rather
than nothing, it terminated correctly, telling me to use ttySHCF0, but
failed to create the /dev/ttySHCF0 node. When I used mknod to create it,
hcfconfig correctly altered its permissions, so it seems to have been
looking in the right place. I'm using Mandrake 8.2 and
hcflinmodem-0.92mbsibeta02050600-1_mandrake.i386.rpm

PPS when I tried the tar.gz route with Debian (2.2r6 Potato) I got an error
"unresolved symbol do_truncate" (so I tried Mandrake - as you can see I'm
tireless!)
---