[hcflinux] drop-outs & latch ups

robert w hall bobh at n-cantrell.demon.co.uk
Thu May 9 00:50:34 EDT 2002

I usually use my modem (14F1;1034) to pick up my mail & news at the same
time. I use a mailer called Turnpike provided by my ISP demon.

With the 56k linux conexant drivers I often get a brief flurry of mail &
news together, then the modem data rate goes to zero and the unit
appears to latch up/drop out. A redial is necessary. (When own loading
using a 33.6k external modem there is also often a brief flurry and
pause but then the data picks up again after a few seconds).

Tonight though I apparently got a hard latchup on the conexant. Tried
several times to revover by ppp-off & dial back in. No joy. Tried
minicom - AT wouldn't produce a response, neither would minicom's reset
command.

Modem only came back to live after I gave it 'hcfconfig -i'

Anyone else had this??
Bob
--
robert w hall