[hcflinux] No Carrier signal woes

Pedja predivan at ptt.yu
Fri May 10 03:43:41 EDT 2002

DP> I've got to the stage where the modem is recognised by my linux, have disabled dial tone detection, and it dials the required number, but all that happens is the 'no carrier' signal gets sent
DP> back to me :/  As far as i know, everything is set up correctly, such as country etc. i've read through the archive, but havent found anything that has helped with this problem, so i am assuming
DP> that my particular modem is not supported yet.

DP> Anyways, just incase anyone out there has had more luck with this than me, here is my modem info :-

DP> PCI CONFIGURATION INFORMATION READ:
DP>      VENDOR ID            : 14F1
DP>      DEVICE ID              : 1033
DP>      SUBVENDOR ID     : 1092
DP>      SUBDEVICE ID       : 0AC8
DP>      REVISION ID           : 08

DP>   DEDUCED INFORMATION:
DP>      VENDOR NAME            : CONEXANT
DP>      DEVICE NAME            : HCF P85 DATA/FAX
DP>      SUBVENDOR NAME         : SONIC BLUE
DP>      MODEM TYPE             : HCF
DP>      WINXP INBUILD SUPPORT  : YES

DP> I'm also running SuSE 7.3

DP> Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Same  thing  happens  to  me.I've  tried  all versions of drivers,including last
one,country settings etc.and the probem stays-NO CARRIER...argh

modem  is  Diamond Supra VCC (Conexant HCF P85 data/fax).

+ hcfconfig --info
Linux HCF controllerless modem drivers, version 0.92mbsibeta02050600
Current HCF configuration:
        Country name: "ITALY", T.35 code: 0059
        PCI Modem vendor-id: 14F1, device-id: 1033
        PCI Modem subvendor-id: 1092, subdevice-id: 0AC8
        Driver inf filename: /etc/hcf/inf/linux_generic_hcf.inf
linux-i686(i686)-2.4.8 Mandrake-8.1

   There's a slight difference between id's ,though.
   modemlist gives this 14F1-1033-1092-0AC8-08 <--REVISION ID.

   modem wouldn't work with generic HCF drivers that XP pro comes with,so i used
   drivers for win2000,and it works great.
   I  tried  to  use  inf file from those(win 2k)drivers to get it to work under
   Linux,but without *.cty file it will not work.
   I  COULD  write  .cty  for  this...right?

               Pedja.