[hcflinux] Problem with connection, irq and port

Alexander Goncharov sasha02906 at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 13:38:11 EDT 2002

Hello,

The compilation and installation went smoothly,
however there is a problem with connecting The modem
fails to establish any connection, while it is able to
dial and ATI* commands work smoothly. I've mention,
that /dev/ttySHCF0 has strange irq and port settings
(irq 0 and port 0x0001). Setserial fails to change
them with "illegal parameter" diagnostics. However the
same diagnostics appears if I create any inod with
major and minor codes 240 and 64 respectively.

I would strongly appreciate any advice.

Vladimir

P.S. I have RH7.2, Conexant modem 1057, kernel
2.4.7-10