[hcflinux] no /dev/ttySHFC0

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Tue May 14 00:01:48 EDT 2002

Jean.....

I too am running Mdk 8.2 and had a similar problem to yours.
My modem info is as follows: 14F1, 1033, 13E0, 020D, 08 and
I have a Dell Dim. 2100 I did everything I could to get the
driver to work. hcfconfig would proceed and then tell me that
my modem should be accessible at /dev/ttySHCFO....but it wasn't
there.
What I did to get it working was do another install, for fear
of a corrupt 1st install (I'm very new to Linux!). I then went
into my BIOS and disabled Legacy USB support. I thought maybe
since USB was on shared irq (10) w/modem it could interfer.
I then reinstalled driver and hcfconfiged and now my modem is
working ok.
Hope this may help.

--Angus

>I have a mandrrake 8.2

>an AZTECH MDP 3880-W PCI 56K modem
>identified as 14F1/1033/122D/4027/08 by hcfconfig
>which runs perfectly but I cannot in any way
>find /dev/ttySHCF0.
>Could anybody help me please

Jean
_______

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around
in awareness."--James Thurber