[hcflinux] Succesfull Dial, But.....

Codex codex at telkom.net
Sun May 19 23:43:09 EDT 2002

Somebody.>!! Help...!!
I'm an old friend of Linux long time ago, i decided to quit linux because my shinny Wacky$# Winmodem not supported by linux, yes it was quite long
time ago, and then i heard of this new generic HCF-driver090msbi\tea233(errh.., i'm sorry what was the version?), so..to get to the point:

Download it
tar xzvf blah..blah
cd hcflin..blah..blah
/configure
make
make install
{ i do have source tarball and rpm, but both just the same i guess, producing this hcfconfig script and his child }

and so,
hcfconfig
Selecting my PCI Vendor_ID (14f1:1033) sub_id (02A013E0) (yes it was listed in hcf-compatibility)
select the INF=/etc/hcf/hcf-generic.inf (..?), select country and...
build the kernel module (mykernel=2.4.18 and also have 2.4.3, both already i try)
Done.... Succesful

Now configure kppp (i prefer use this 'cause i like KDE') providing blah-blah-blah (emm.. i guess it more then correct..?, i've try other stuff to)
And then time to dial...(and yes it return succesfully, as so those tiny cute panel in ln the left corner)

And if i browse to://www.something.net it can right..?unfortunately in here..in my pc here.., it CAN'T.!!
suppose i'm going to www.google.com, i'm waiting 3 minutes but still not even a word G is displayed, damn man at this point i just want to broke my
pc split into several piece, i reeeeaaaallly like linux, but linux without online is impossible,

So.. does anyone have solution came up with this..?
as a note :
-it's wasn't permission thing or something ('cause even root can't online either)
-it wasn't kpp setting, (IP,username,password,DNS, etc) i'm sure of it, don't ask me why??,  it's just that i'm pretty sure the config is right!!
-huh?? the installation..? look! i've already RE-Install the tarball source about 10 time, so does the RPM, it's just the same
-what's more..?? ppp support?, yes it's built-in (my2.4.18) and module(mdk2.4.3), and other thing (BSD deflate, Compression, etc.)

--- And here the clues i found
-in pppd -debug option i try to call status " Last Connection status" using AT Command, errrhh.. it was in linux i can't put it here, but i guess
that 'semi-unreadable' status wasn't wrong...?? eh.... its just half-guess you know!

- And this the strange thing, i've try to Ping !, an example (let's suppose this IP number is exist and can be pinged) ping 195.166.7.15, if my modem
work right it should be ok, but not with my modem now, and the But... thing is.. if and only if ping my own ISP IP Number, it returns ok!!, eh...
it's quite strange huh??

My Spec :
AMD Duron 700mhz, 256MBRAM,
OS = Win2K, Linux-2.43-mdk(untouched), and Linux-2.4.18(build my own)
Modem : Conexant HCF-56K Modem/DATA/FAX/but still an ' CONTROLERLESS WINMODEM'

that's all.. i hope there was angel come and tell me 'The Solution for your modem is ..... blah..blah...blah'
heh..heh.. i'm sorry if my language isn't too good, i'm not english-man too