[hcflinux] hcfmodem's driver installed, reponse=busy

Antonio Fernández a_fdz at SoftHome.net
Mon May 20 22:12:51 EDT 2002

Hello, excuse my poor English.

I'm having trouble whit the driver;

My modem is a  Diamond supraexpress 56i Pro Vcc
With   Listmdm under windows ME I get the information:
NUMBER OF MODEMS FOUND = 1

MODEM #1:
  PCI CONFIGURATION INFORMATION READ:
     VENDOR ID              : 14F1
     DEVICE ID              : 1033
     SUBVENDOR ID           : 1092
     SUBDEVICE ID           : 0AC8
     REVISION ID            : 08

  DEDUCED INFORMATION:
     VENDOR NAME            : CONEXANT
     DEVICE NAME            : HCF P85 DATA/FAX
     SUBVENDOR NAME         : SONIC BLUE
     MODEM TYPE             : HCF
     WINXP INBUILD SUPPORT  : YES

I' ve instaled with success the driver
hcflinmodem-0.93mbsibeta02051900-1_mandrake.i386.rpm and configurate
it under Mandrake 8.2, and wen try to connect with internet I allways
obtain the message= BUSSY.
I have try to ring another telephone (my cellular) and I recieive the
same response, but the cellular don't ring.(In windows, when I call
my cellular, it ring)

I essay to change the chain-init of the modem from ATZ to AT&F1, etc...
whitout any reponse. What it's the solution?

Thanks and Regards,
 Antonio                 a_fdz at SoftHome.net