[hcflinux] 127a:1005 freezes my Linux system.

Thomas, Nicholas nick.thomas at eldon.co.uk
Wed May 22 10:51:38 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have the same problem as a previous poster (see below).

I have a 127a:1005 modem in a Rockwell PCI card.
My system is RedHat 7.1 installation.
I have istalled the hcflinmodem-0.93mbsibeta02052100 release and the
installation went OK. I installed from the tar.gz sources.
The country was automatically detected as UK (correct). However, the
installation warned me that my SMP kernel has not been tested.
My system is a single processor PC. Has anyone else seen the 'freeze'
problem shown below?
Any help appreciated.
Regards
Nick

---------------------------------------

I have linux mandrake 8.0 with kernel 2.5.0... ...and although it compiles
and install well (the 0.93b rpm)...
when i try to run minicom or Kppp the ALL system =
freezes..LOCK....totally....and in minicom it gives me this message. My
modem is a 127a:1002 (at least... all programs tell me so...) HCF ASIC ID:
210 HCF DATAPUMP PART: '71' REV: 'BA'
Anyone as sugestions...
Thank you

_________________________