[hcflinux] 127a:1005 freezes my Linux system.

Alok K. Dhir adhir at symplicity.com
Wed May 22 12:28:49 EDT 2002

The freezes occur on my SMP kernel everytime - I'm waiting for
SMP-friendly drivers.

If your machine is single processor, and you get the SMP warning, the
likelihood is that you're running an SMP kernel (you can run an SMP
kernel on a single processor box - won't help much - will actually
decrease performance).  Try recompiling a UP-only kernel and see what
happens.

Al