[hcflinux] Now have dev/modem to dev/ttySHCFO link, modem connecting:)

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Thu May 23 08:57:20 EDT 2002

Greetings all,

I was near to giving up on this modem, but thanksto the help I've gotten
here,
I think I'm in business.

What I had to do was create the dev/modem to dev/ttySHCFO link, but first I
had
to remove a modem to ttys2 Unknown link that was in /dev/ folder.

Here are Bertrik Sikken's instructions that I followed to remove the Unknown
link
and create the right one:

rm /dev/modem (enter)
ln -s /dev/ttySHCFO /dev/modem (enter)

This will give you a Character Device (Link), modem to ttySHCFO in /dev/.

My modem is connecting ok now.....thanks Marc, Bertrik and all.

--Angus

"LET US NOT LOOK BACK IN ANGER OR FORWARD IN FEAR, BUT AROUND IN
AWARENESS."----James Thurber