[hcflinux] re aiee, return of the kernel panics! - problem continues

robert w hall bobh at n-cantrell.demon.co.uk
Fri May 24 10:47:01 EDT 2002

I'm running the latest version of Marc's driver (0.93...02052101) with a
2.2.18 kernel driving a 14F1/1034 device.

I'm still getting (one time in fifty or so) a major kernel panic
(aiee,... ), details apparently similar to my post of 3rd May,
(reproduced below). I got the latest one when running ppp-off.

1) Does anyone else get these???

2) I'm also still getting these dropouts (about one time in three) when
I first log in to my ISP for mail/news/time - it's a if I hit an error
state and the driver hangs

Bob

After a latch-up in X (!?, while trying to dial out using demand
dialling???) and a segmentation error, I got the following again tonight
when shutting down the i/f with ppp-off

[<c01001767>]
code: 89 50 40 ff 05 24 ee 20 c0 51 9d 52 e8 4a ff ff ff eb 02 51
Aiee, killing interrupt handler
kernel panic: Attempt to kill the idle task!
in swapper task - not syncing

kernel 2.2.18, (win4lin-enabled)
latest hcf driver
--