[hcflinux] pppd died enexpectedly, randomly....

robert w hall bobh at n-cantrell.demon.co.uk
Sun May 26 14:01:52 EDT 2002

In article <MCEKJDCFAKOIACBMPEICGEFEHHAA.frankieh at vianet.net.au>, Franki
<frankieh at vianet.net.au> writes
>Hi guys..
>
>remember, this is a "winmodem" or now I guess its a "linmodem"

(I posted a comment yesterday, but it seems not to have made the list)

Remember these are Host Control not Host Signal modem. The requirements
on the cpu are much less onerous than for HSF (IIRC), and indeed my one
was sold as suitable for a 486...

Also, it was my dim understanding that Marc was using current
proprietary Conexant binary algorithms in a linux 'wrapper'?

That said it would be interesting to know if people who have the kernel
'low-latency' patch are getting fewer dropouts.
Bob
--
robert w hall