[hcflinux] intalling under Debian

scytale scytale at eircom.net
Mon May 27 13:30:53 EDT 2002

That sounds really weird.

console full of weird characters - if this happened when tou untarred the
package then maybe I could guess why, but if it happens when you 'make
install' . . .?
   In general the makefile should take care of all environment variables.
   I don't know what your level of experience is so apologies if the
following is patronising but . . . did you change into the new
'hcflinux-0.93 . . .' directory created when you unzipped and untarred the
downloaded package?  If you didn't and there was some kind of makefile in
the directory you put the package in then maybe that would explain.

Otherwise

1) let us know exactly what commands you use in the unzip-untar-make
install sequence.

2) Try downloading and using the latest package. (one came out yesterday as
you probably know)

Tom