[hcflinux] Suse 7.1

Andreas von Känel avonk at gmx.ch
Mon May 27 16:19:09 EDT 2002

Hello
I' running a SUSE 7.1, modem type 127a, vendor id 2005. I installed the new
driver (RPM for SUSE 7.2), installation says, that there's something wrong
with the path's for the builts, but at the end the module updates are
successful, I can see the /dev/modem and /dev/ttySHCF0.
When I try to start kppp (or wvdial) I get the message "/dev/modem no such
device found". The symlink /dev/modem is correct (to ttySHCF0). In
/var/log/messages I found the message "modprobe: can't locate module char-major-241",
everytime when I try to make a connection with kppp/evdial but the alias
/etc/modules.conf is set up correctly...
Any suggestions?

Many thanxs,
Andreas von Kaenel

P.S. Thank you Marc for all your work!!