[hcflinux] Computer freezes with hcf drivers

mE nakrul at xnet.ro
Tue May 28 02:30:37 EDT 2002

Well, first of all thanks for making this driver. I never hoped to see
my hcf winmodem working under linux. but I still got one minor problem.
everytime I end a connection the computer freezes. I mean "really"
freezes . the only thing I can do is pushing the hardware reset button.
I've installed the driver from source rpm package. rebuild. the whole
thing went just fine.. no errors .(I'm running suse 7.1/2.218) The modem
dials out , connects (via kppp) ,but if I end the connection or if the
connection dies by any reason, the screen freezes. I've tried other
dialers, other providers. the same problem occurred everytime. There is
one thing that seems very strange, though : if I send a kill signal to
the ppp daemon ,the connection ends with no problem, but if I dial
again, the computer freezes when the ATZ is sent to the modem. (I also
updated the pppd from 2.40 to 2.41, but that didn't change a thing) So,
right now ,a kill signal and a reboot do it for me. but I'd like to know
why is this happening. (most probably this is a configuration issue,as
I'm not too experienced with linux. I'm quite new to it actually :-).).
I should also tell you that the modem is an 127a:1035 bought in early
2001. That's about it.. Hope you know why this happends ,'cause I'm
really out of ideeas .

            Thanks
                        Alex