[hcflinux] Suse 7.1

tom tom at mail1.eircom.net
Tue May 28 02:51:13 EDT 2002

char-major-241 is the name of the module that corresponds to the special file with the major number 241 - namely /dev/cuaHCF0 - the secondary (callout) special file for the modem.

Basically, the 'rpm -i . . .' command has not succeeded.
Some or all of the relevant modules have not been installed even though the special files and symlinks have been set up correctly and the proper additions have been made to /etc/modules/conf.

Are you using the latest version (020525 ) ?
If so, then let us know what exactly the error messages say is wrong with the paths for the builts.

Tom