[hcflinux] Success Story: I got my 127a:1005 PCI device working.

nick nick at nhthomas.freeserve.co.uk
Tue May 28 23:32:44 EDT 2002

Hi Marc, and all.

Thanks Marc for your great efforts in developing this driver, I have now
got my HCF internal PCI modem working under linux.

The driver was very quick and easy to install from the tar.gz file.
It then took me a couple of days to sort out my ppp scripts to connect
my ISP (FreeServe in UK).
The only problem I had was the SMP kernel issue, but as I am on a single
processor PC I can recompile my kernel to remove SMP stuff.

Now my dual boot WinNT/RedHat Linux PC no longer needs to be dual boot
:)

Regards

Nick