[hcflinux] Re: vaio xg28: it works, but it's slow

George H. Fisher fisher at ssl.berkeley.edu
Thu May 30 13:35:55 EDT 2002

One more experiment:  I found the log file of modem commands from the
windows side, and tried initializing the modem with exactly the same
commands as win98 uses.  I have not looked in the large .pdf file to see
exactly what these commands do, but here are the initialization commands
win98 used:

AT&FE0V1S0=0&C1&D2+MR=2;+DR=1;+ER=1;W0
ATS7=60M1+ES=3,0,2;+DS=3;+IFC=2,2;X4

Using the hcf linmodem driver, the computer will accept the first set of
commands with an OK but then appears to hang.  It will accept the 2nd
set of initialization commands without hanging, and will then
successfully dial.  No clear data yet on whether the speed improves...

George

George H. Fisher          | Ph: 510-642-8896
Space Sciences Laboratory | Fax: 510-643-8302
University of California  | Email: fisher at ssl.berkeley.edu
Berkeley, CA 94720-7450   | URL: sprg.ssl.berkeley.edu/~fisher/