[hcflinux] disconnection

Gratiniano S. de Haro gratiniano at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 02:45:49 EDT 2002

I'm experiencing disconnections and final RX rate too
low sometimes.
I thank this is normal cause it occurs the same in
'the others OS' long long time ago.

This is related with RATE RENEG= more than a hundred,
and RX FINAL RATE= around 28800.

Normal conection have RATE RENEG= one to three, and RX
FINAL RATE below RX FIRST RATE (I get FIRST RATE
between 44000 and 48000) but not much below (a level
or two).

But this last week I'm probing with +MR and %E in init
string

Default are +MR: V.92, 1,75,48000,75,56000 and %E1 as
stated in manual.
Using AT+MR=V92,1,75,48000,44000,56000 the RX FINAL
RATE drop but no below 44000; surprised if not.

Using AT%E0 the RX FINAL RATE=RX FIRST RATE all the
time !!!???? (I don't remember to have seen it before)

At this time I'm not experienced a disconnection with
this.

The modem think the line is bad and try to renegotiate
when really is not bad? A problem in driver?

Could anyone probe with this and send comments?

Regards
	Gratiniano

P.S. loglastcallstatus not work all the time.
If you get a ISP that use compression V.44 is better
than V.42bis (+200 bytes/s downloading compressed
files). I use three ISP's.
Sorry for my english (thanks)