[hcflinux] not recognized

Niko Kiirala nikokiir at mbnet.fi
Tue Jun 11 13:22:35 EDT 2002

On Tue, 04 Jun 2002 16:18:08 +0200
"-" <tntfury at email.it> wrote:

> I donwloaded last drivers and i installed them as INSTALL file tells. The
> installation is ok. After that, i restart my linux-box and i receive
> following messages at start:
>
> PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:07.2
> HCF ASIC ID: 215
> 1001388.851: DEVMGR ERROR: DpReset: timed out waiting for checksum 1
> 1001388.851: DEVMGR ERROR!!!! DpReset returns FALSE, attempt=0
> 1001389.356: DEVMGR ERROR: DpReset: timed out waiting for checksum 1
> 1001389.356: DEVMGR ERROR!!!! DpReset returns FALSE, attempt=1
> 1001389.861: DEVMGR ERROR: DpReset: timed out waiting for checksum 1
> 1001389.861: DEVMGR ERROR!!!! DpReset returns FALSE, attempt=2
> 1001388.851: DEVMGR Fails DM_ActivateHardware
> hcf_request_port: ComCtrlOpen failed, r=1!
>
> I thinked two things: or drivers (seen they are beta version) are corrupted
> or there's a conflict of IRQ seen that a line before i read:
>
> PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00.0f.0
>
> What do you think about? what's the matter?

I experienced the same problem with my modem-ethernet combo card. Don't know why is that but I got it working this way:
Login as root
First I unloaded ethernet card drivers (tulip) with 'network stop'
Next I installed hcflinmodem and ran hcfconfig
Then I put network back up again with 'network start'

After that the drivers have worked with no problems. I only had to do this once when installing the driver.

I don't know why this does work and I don't know wheter it works on anyone else's machine. Hope this helps even a bit.