[hcflinux] HCF driver is installed, but don't detected (Slackware 8.0)

Adriano Carvalho ch0wn_ at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 15 22:13:00 EDT 2002

Well, I'm a Brazilian man, so my english isn't so good...
I have a laptop compaq presario 1400, with a HCF modem. The informations
about it
Vendor ID: 14F1
Device ID: 1815
Suvendor ID: 0e11
Subdevice ID: 0033
Revision ID: 05

The driver (tgz) has been installed successfully, but KPPP doesn't detect my
modem ! I tried with the wvdial too, and the modem wasn't detected. I would
like somebody help me.
What can I do ? Why doesn't detect ?
Thanks for all.
PS : I forgot ! I use Slackware 8.0 with kernel 2.4.5 and I think that some
errors can appear when I run hcfconfig, problems with links, I dont know
why...I have the kernel source in my system.

Adriano Carvalho. ch0wn_ at hotmail.com