[hcflinux] Installation Problems

Craig Miranda c.miranda at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 20 19:27:04 EDT 2002

Hi,
    Before I start heres my details, I'm not sure which you need, but if more are needed I'll supply.

Vendor: Conexant (Sub: GVC -- http://www.gvc.ca)
Modem: HCF P85 Data/Fax/Remotam/Spkrphone
Vendor ID: 14F1
Device ID: 1036
Rev. ID: 08

Mandrake-Linx Kernel: 2.4.18-6MDK
Architecture: i686

In summary, I downloaded the file "hcflinmodem-0.95mbsibeta02061800k2.4.18_6mdk-1mdk.i586.rpm", installed it, ran the hcfconfig, and prayed, but when I go into Kppp, it does not display the extra modem settings (althougth there is a file called ttySHCF in one of my folders).
The RPM I've downloaded matches my kernel, but as you may have noticed not my architecture, which is i686, whilst the website calls it x86, and the filename reads "i586", should this make a difference? I assume the redhat driver for i686 will not work with Mandrake.

Thanks for reading this.

Craig "The Newbie" Miranda