[hcflinux] How to enable correct line speed reporting?

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 30 21:58:26 EDT 2002

Greetings all:

I am currently using the latest hcfpcimodem-0.96 driver for my Conexant HCF
modem; vendor ID-14F1, device ID-1033, subvendor ID-13E0, subdevice ID-020D,
revision ID-08, in my Dell Dimm 2100 under Mandrake 8.2, and having good
results overall.

I have two things I would like to inquire about however. One is the fact
that my modem upon disconnect frequently will not release the phone line
cleanly, but will instead hold it for upwards of a minute or so before
releasing it. This is no big deal, but has anyone else experienced this?

Also, just exactly how do I enable correct line speed reporting? Right now
my speed is indicating 115200 constantly, which I am certain is incorrect.
The faq page mentions, "use ATW1 to enable reporting of line speed, error
correction protocol and DTE speed. See command set manual for details."
I tried to find this info in the manual, but I am not able to understand the
terminology of the manual very well, and can't find what I'm looking for.
My line speed varies, and I can usually disconnect and reconnect till I get
the best possible connection.....if I knew my line speed that is.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much.

--Angus

"LET US NOT LOOK BACK IN ANGER OR FORWARD IN FEAR, BUT AROUND IN
AWARENESS."----James Thurber