[hcflinux] USB Linmodem driver help!

Lloyd lloyd.morgan at lineone.net
Tue Jul 2 18:16:18 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I have a USB modem and am pretty sure it's a linmodem but am having some real problems getting it sorted out so that it'll work with my distro (mandrake 8.0).
Instead of babbling on for ages, I'll just give a few points about my modem, and see if anyone can help...

I have a: Conexant HCF V90 Data Fax RTAD USB Modem

I bought it because I needed a new modem under Windows and saw that it was also a 'Harware' modem.. I thought it would work... oh no! Under windows I it's on COM2... ttys1 under linux, right? Or would it be ttyusb1? Anyway... neither of them worked! If anyone has a driver I can use for this under linux, help!

Cheers all who read,