[hcflinux] modversions.h

John Spray john at spray.screaming.net
Tue Jul 9 12:01:59 EDT 2002

Hi Carlos,

modversions.h is a file that's generated during the process of compiling a
kernel.  If you have the source/configuration that your present kernel was
compiled with, it's just a case of going to the source directory and running
"make dep" (which will create a modversions.h along with other things).  If
you don't have the exact source that your present kernel was compiled with
(ie you use source from kernel.org), you may find you have to compile
yourself a fresh kernel just so that the generated modversions.h matches the
running kernel.

I'm not a debian user, maybe there's some more specific help that can be
given?

--
John Spray
(john at spray.screaming.net)

On Tuesday 09 Jul 2002 1:27 am, Aydos João spewed forth thus: