[hcflinux] modversions.h

Aydos João jucaaydos at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 9 09:02:24 EDT 2002

Hi John,

I do not want to sound too stupid, but I am really completely new to Linux.
I have gcc installed, but I just installed Debian out of a image CD and I am
still getting familiarised with all the Linux file structure.

I think I have the kernel sources on my disk, but how do they look like? I
mean what sort of files do expect to find on the source parent directory?

I read somewhere that modversions.h is somehow obsolete and that is why
Woody does not have it anymore, does anybody know if that is really the
case?

Compiling a new kernel would not generate this file then, or would it?

Tks,

Carlos