[hcflinux] old hcf drivers

Niko Kiirala nikokiir at mbnet.fi
Wed Jul 10 11:33:23 EDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 17:03:33 +0100
"John Spray" <john at spray.screaming.net> wrote:

> >Could it be possible to obtain earlier versions of the driver?
>
> I have hcflinmodem-0.95mbsibeta02061800-1.i386.rpm if you'd like me to mail
> you that (490k).

I tried that version out. First it didn't seem to work any better than the newer one. Then I tried installing like this:

Unloaded the previous driver (hcfpcistop)
Removed the driver (rpm -e hcfpcimodem)
Deleted the files left over (rm -r /etc/hcfpci)
Rebooted the computer
Unloaded network card drivers (network stop)
Installed the modem drivers (rpm -i hcf... and hcfconfig)
Reloaded the network card drivers (network start)

This way I got it working, even after rebooting the computer.
Because I hadn't tried to install the newer version like this, I tried it. For my amazement the newer version worked ok when I installed it like this, but not when I installed it earlier without rebooting the computer after uninstalling the previous one.

Now the newer version works ok, too. I tried rebooting the computer and it doesn't mess up the installation as it did when I installed the newest version earlier.

Niko Kiirala