[hcflinux] REBOOT PROBLEM

tom tomshortall at eircom.net
Thu Jul 18 02:39:16 EDT 2002

it's late and I haven't fully taken in everything in your message, but one point sticks out:
	setserial /dev/ttySHCF0
won't work.
setserial is used to configure conventional serial ports only.
In this case you are not using a conventional serial port so you do not need to use setserial.
The hcfpciconfig program will setup everything so that if you have a properly configured modular kernel and modules.conf then /dev/modem will link to /dev/ttySHCF0. kmod will autoload the necessary modules when needed and they will take care of any initialisation.

Basically you need to reinstall the driver, point whatever ppp control software you are using (kppp, pppd etc) at /dev/modem or /dev/ttySHCF0 and let the kmod do its magic.