[hcflinux] I *hate* modversions.h, but now it works!

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Fri Jul 19 23:15:02 EDT 2002

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 06:38:24 -0300
"Aydos João" <jucaaydos at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Joao, i can't help you very much with telnet, but for your kernel related problems, maybe i can give a hand...

> After I recompiled the kernel, some weird stuff is happenning with my
> keyboard, like the NumLock and CapsLock keys not working. I will try to
> figure it out it later.

I can't really figure out what the keyboard mapping has to do with the kernel stuff...
this only thing i see is a bad choice in the character sets options, but i don't know why...

> My original installed kernel from the CD was the
> 2.4.18-bf2.4 and now with the new one the version which appears when I type
> uname -r is only 2.4.18 and have now idea what is the difference between
> both.

As far as i know, the "bf" serie is a bit like the "ac" one : a forked branch of the current kernel, beeing developed to experiment things. Once things are stables, they are back ported to the standard kernel.

 I tryied to use that "make oldconfig" thing before making the